I am enjoying working in the Millar kitchen and feeling more competent in the tasks I am given to do, which is always nice. I am also making good progress in getting to know the students, and that's exciting for me.
I have been drawn back to the Salvation Army Church in Swift Current, where I attended in my third year at Millar, and have just 'signed up' (so to speak) to teach the Jr. Youth group there on Thursday nights.
Also, some of you may not have heard that I am now the proud owner of my very first car! It is a silvery-neutral coloured 2001 Toyota Corolla, and I bought it about a month ago. I found it on-line and checked it out as best I could. The night before I intended to go and look it over in person (and perhaps even buy it), God provided a couple to give me a ride to Regina (where the car was) and even look the car over for me! I ended up buying it and drove it home that day.
I think those are the highlights.
In summary, I am feeling very blessed & cared for!
2 comments:
Yay! An update from Julie! That always makes me smile. Glad to hear you're doing well. :)
Yeah!!! That's awesome, Julie!! :) Thanks for posting and giving us a brief update. :) Have a super week!! love, karen
Post a Comment