Monday, January 16, 2017

Living the Dream

Ever since my “Intro to Missions” course in 2004, I’ve dreamed of being part of a tribal church planting team in the middle of nowhere. And now, thirteen years later, here I am! On August 1, 2016 my friend Vanny & I moved into the remote jungle village which is now our home. We spend our days studying the local language & culture and deepening friendships with our neighbours, in addition to tending to the routine of daily life: cooking, cleaning, washing clothes, and chasing pigs out of the yard.  :) 


Seriously though, even though there are times I miss my family & friends, lasagne & ice cream, and bug-proof houses, I am so thankful to be right here, doing exactly this. And I look forward to the day when I’m fluent in the language and culture – when I can teach Sunday School, start a Youth Group, help with ladies’ Bible Studies, teach literacy, and help with Scripture translation. It’s exciting to be living the dream that God has given me!

No comments: