"I prayed to the LORD and He answered me.
He freed me from all my fears.
Those who look to Him for help will be radiant with joy;
no shadow of shame will darken their faces."
- Psalm 34:4 (NLT)
I love that the LORD answers our prayers when we call on Him.
I love that He frees us from our fears. Before I left home, people asked me if I was afraid, and I said I wasn't. But as the time drew nearer, and as this plan actually became reality, I began to be aware of fears--mostly fears of failing. But God can (and does) free me from those!
I love the phrase "radiant with joy," and I desire to have joy-radiance characterize my life. I have been asking God to fill me with His joy, and He has been.
I love the image of unashamed faces. I know that as I adapt to this new language & culture, I'll use the wrong word sometimes & make cultural faux-pas, and I'll get embarrassed. I won't like that too much, but what would be so much worse is to be ashamed before God.
Feel free to join me in praying for these things--for me and for yourselves! :)
1 comment:
great thoughts Julie. very good verses.
Post a Comment