Saturday, September 29, 2012

I've Got Wheels!

Yesterday afternoon I took a major step toward independence--I learned to drive a motorbike! Small bikes (scooters?) are the vehicles of choice here, and I have one on loan from a friend for several months. It's fully automatic and turns out to be much easier to drive than I feared. I did not fall over during my lesson, nor did I feel like I was about to fall.

I drove around on a dusty soccer field, then on the adjacent road. After that, my roommate (aka driving instructor) hopped on the back, and I practiced driving with a passenger. Then I drove us halfway home. When we got to a busier intersection, we switched seats & she took over.  :)

I still have some practicing to do before I feel totally comfortable with my new ride, but I'm excited about this new venture!

1 comment:

mom said...

If I knew how, I'd send Dan Moore a link to this. :)