
I flew into a tribal village & spent three days there with a couple I'd never met. Fortunately, they turned out to be amazing people & I thoroughly enjoyed my time with them. They are with a different organization; the husband teaches at a local Bible School and the wife devotes much time, energy & affection to the local children.
While there, I got to hear accounts of the couple's adventures, attend tribal church, gape at the evidence of the previous month's landslide, blow bubbles with cute little kids, hear a group of pre-teen girls be taught about saying no to sexual immorality, eat local sweet potatoes, and stand in awe of the beauty seen every direction I looked. Also, I got so cold there that I borrowed a sweater. This is very much in contrast to the city, which was very hot. The village was up in the mountains...so nice!
 |
| Bible College Campus: student housing. These round houses are the style traditionally used here. |
No comments:
Post a Comment